A home intercom system isn’t just a fancy way to call your kids to the dinner table or to inquire who is at your front gate. In fact, it’s fast becoming an essential addition to any home. These clever wireless intercom systems have taken a step into the future and for an affordable price you can upgrade your daily lifestyle.
Not only is an intercom system a must for security, it also comes with added benefits such as a built-in radio and room-to-room communication systems. A front door speaker system will let you know who is at the door before you answer it, which will enhance your security. Here’s why it’s the best upgrade to consider for your home this year.
6 Benefits of Intercom Systems
Statistics have shown that criminals are less likely to target a home with security systems in place, such as intercoms. Also, if you’re thinking of selling your home, an intercom system can greatly increase your property value and make it a more attractive investment for potential buyers. Buyers appreciate proper security and high-tech features.
Other benefits of these systems include:
- Security: Don’t put yourself in danger by going outside to check who is at the gate. Instead, use the intercom system to make sure it’s safe first. Teach your children not to open the door and always look at the intercom system before taking action. In the event of an emergency, an alarm can be sounded to alert everyone in the home at the same time.
- Convenience: Need to get a message across the house quickly? Simply say it over the intercom system. You can even open the door remotely with a smart door release system. Unlock the door from the comfort of your couch, if you decide to let the visitor enter.
- Screening: If someone that you don’t recognise knocks on the door then you can see and speak to them without putting yourself at risk. This keeps you in control of any situation on your premises.
- Keep an eye on the kids: Perfect for parents of small children, you can keep a close watch over them without needing to constantly go in and check if they’re still safe and keeping out of trouble.
- All about the beat: Stream music throughout your home via Bluetooth connectivity or connect it to your entertainment system and enjoy music in every room of your home.
- The smart upgrade: The latest technology can be integrated with your smart home appliances. Unlock doors, switch off lights and even alert the police with a built-in panic alarm.
Types of Intercom Systems
There are a variety of different types of intercom systems available on the market each with its own set of benefits.
- Hardwired intercoms: These systems are normally installed during the construction of the building as the wires are built into the walls. Most commonly found in apartment blocks or older houses.
- Wireless intercom systems: If you’re looking for a system that won’t break the bank these are cost-effective and simple to install. Using radio signals or GMS sim cards they don’t need any wires and are very effective.
- Carrier-current: Normally used in schools or businesses they use the building’s electricity to provide audio.
- Automated gate entry intercoms: This system gives you remote access to open your gate if you decide that it’s safe to do so.
- Video intercom system: With this type of system, you can see exactly who is trying to gain entry. It comes with the added benefit of being able to record video should the need arise. You can access it from your smartphone even if you are not home at the time.
Now that you know all the benefits that an intercom system can add to your life, all you need to do is decide which type will best suit your needs.
Contact Australian Security on 1300 361 121 to have one of our security experts advise you and answer any questions that you may have. Get peace of mind by installing the best security systems Melbourne has to offer.
Never fear who is at the door again. Install an intercom system today.